What is a pre-existing medical condition?
A pre-existing medical condition is:
- a medical condition where you are aware of the symptoms, or a related complication you know about
- a medical or dental condition where you have received, or are waiting for, medical treatment
- any condition for which you take prescribed medicine
- any condition for which you have received surgery or attended hospital
- any condition for which you have received, or are waiting for, tests, investigations or consultation with a medical specialist
- any condition for which you have received or been advised to attend a follow-up consultation; or
- any chronic or ongoing medical condition or terminal illness
This definition applies to you, your travelling companion, a close relative, or any other person.
See the full list of automatically covered pre-existing medical conditions here.
If your condition is not included, don't worry - we offer extra insurance for many conditions. Learn more here.