Am I covered for pregnancy if I do not take out the Pregnancy Pack?
Yes, Pregnancy is viewed as a pre-existing medical condition and many benefits are available to expectant mothers. See here for details.
- Your due date plays an important role in whether you can get cover or not.
- You are covered up to 26 weeks in the case of a single baby, and 19 weeks in the case twins
- Cover is provided to you, but not provided for childbirth or the health of a newborn child.
What you are not covered for
Pregnancy-related costs will not be covered in any of the following circumstances if you have not purchased a Pregnancy Pack
- if you have experienced any pregnancy complications prior to purchasing your policy
- multiple pregnancies arising from services or treatment associated with an assisted reproductive program, including but not limited to in vitro fertilisation;
- a single pregnancy after 26 weeks
- a pregnancy with twins after 19 weeks
- for childbirth at any time
For extended cover while pregnant overseas, we offer an additional product called our Pregnancy Pack.