What does the Cruise Pack cover?
If you intend to go on a river, sea or ocean cruise for two or more nights then you must purchase a Cruise Pack, otherwise you will not have cover under your policy. The Cruise Pack covers onboard medical treatment, cruise delay, missed port, pre-paid shore excursion cancellation, missed cruise departure, baggage, cabin confinement, formal cruise attire and marine rescue diversion.
- The Cruise pack must be purchased before you leave home for your cruise. This includes any flights or transportation required to get to your departing port.
- You must be under the age of 75 at the date your Certificate of Insurance is issued.
The Cruise Pack covers:
- Unlimited onboard medical treatment and helicopter evacuation for emergency medical assistance
- $2,000 for cruise delay per policy $1,000 for missed port per policy
- $1,000 for pre-paid shore excursion per policy
- $2,000 for missed cruise departure per policy
- $3,000 for baggage lost or stolen before boarding per policy
- $50 per day, $1,000 in total, for cabin confinement per policy
- $500 for formal cruise attire lost, stolen or damaged, per policy
- $750 for formal cruise attire delayed per policy
- $500 for marine rescue diversion per policy
If you're spending more than 2 nights out at sea, and are accidentally injured or need emergency medical attention whilst on board, your medical claims will not be covered unless you've added a Cruise Pack to your cover. Similarly, your cruise attire and luggage is not covered while on board, without a Cruise Pack.